Are you currently confused whether should you buy a humidifier or a vaporizer?
While some gets confused in vaporizers with humidifiers, most consumers are asking which device is the best – is it a humidifier or a vaporizer? What is the difference anyway? To find out which is right for you, the following will clearly explain everything about humidifiers and vaporizers.
What is a humidifier?
During winter the air becomes drier – both indoors and outdoors. Humidifiers are devices designed to increase the humidity indoors. The device produces water vapor into the air and it helps increase the level of humidity.
Types of humidifiers:
• Cool mist humidifier – The device gently disperse cool and invisible mist into the air as it pulls the dry air into the system through a filter – a saturated wick.
• Warm mist humidifier – This type generates a warm and soothing mist that is visible to the eye; it helps you to get through cold months. Through a subtle boiling process, it sucks in and traps impurities in the air, and then, it releases clean and warm vaporized air.
• Ultrasonic humidifier – These types of humidifiers produce a lighter and fine mist that disperses quickly into the air within a room. It produces a refreshing, pure, and cool mist.
Benefits of humidifier:
• Prevents skin and hair problems due to dry air during winter
• Helps soothe dry skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and more.
• Helps treat flu, cold, and allergies
• Helps ease asthma and prevents asthma attacks
What is a vaporizer?
The obvious difference between a humidifier and vaporizer is the latter produces warm steam or mist through a boiling water process, whilst the former produces a cool mist. Although there are warm mist humidifiers, the vaporizers are much in the obvious position since most of these happen to produce hot vapors; this is one of the reasons why most of the vaporizers are not ideal for homes with infants or children around because it could impose the risk of burns. Also, vaporizers are much quieter than humidifiers.
Types of vaporizers
• Steam vaporizers – One of the least expensive and portable steam vaporizers; through the heating process, it releases fresh and clean air while it removes impurities within the air.
• Waterless vaporizers – The vaporizer are designed to release warm mist; however, it does not use water, instead, it uses pre-moistened pads that contain menthol and other essential oils.
Benefits of vaporizers:
• A device that can be used to inhale medications, as well as, some herb extracts.
• It helps relieve cold, cough, and flu
• Designed to promote heat and increase humidity indoors, especially during winter.
Both devices – the humidifier and the vaporizers – have several benefits; however, if you are choosing a device that will help increase humid with children nearby, you should choose humidifiers. On the contrary, if in case you need a device for medication purposes, you may choose vaporizers.
So, which one to use? It will all depend on which device you need the most.