Are you interested in buying behind the neck headphones? What are the main factors you should use when purchasing the headphones? Behind the neck, headphones are one style of the headphones that feature a support band that wraps around the back of the neck like a collar. They are practical, smart and stylish. The headphones are ideal in a range of situations, that’s, from hectic offices to relaxing at home.
Below are 5 factors to consider when buying behind the neck headphones
Fit and comfort
One of the main aspects for headphones is comfort level. Without padding, the pressure of the headband can irritate. When purchasing find out what the leathers of padding are made of. Mostly, protein padding is tender, soft and doesn’t leave behind any strain after longer listening. Check whether earpads are replaceable, if replaceable, you can customize the headphones to your comfort. Also, you can buy behind the neck headphones with an in-ear design, which is more secure and it doesn’t have any pressure on your head. The only downside with an in-ear design, you cannot hear anything in your surrounding which is very dangerous in places such as train stations.
Battery life is also another important feature for behind the neck headphones. This relates to the length of time you can go between charging the unit. Usually, they are supposed to last for 8 hours, which is enough for an average person. Nowadays, audio devices have an option of fasting charging which allows users to get 2 hours of music playback in a 5 minutes charging.
Almost all behind the neck headphones are wireless, which makes them very convenient. You can connect the headphones with Bluetooth service and enjoy music for long hours. Ensure you buy headphones with Bluetooth version 4.0 or more; otherwise, you’ll be having connecting issues. Also, the average connection range of Bluetooth should be at least 30 feet.
Audio quality involves:
- Frequency response-range of frequency response is a must because it tells the number of notes the headphone can play. Mostly, headphones range between 20 to 20 Hz.
- Connectivity technology-you must look at the updated Bluetooth version.
- Drivers used-There are various types of drivers that can be used on inside the neck headphone, that’s from acoustic drivers to neodymium drivers.
- Water greatly affects headphones. It either reduces the audibility of the headphones or wreck headphones. Make sure the headphones are waterproof. Headphones should be used in any activity such as hiking, gym or running. But don’t swim with headphones for long hours, since water pressure damages behind neck headphones.
- Durability is also another issue when purchasing headphones. Heavyweight headphones are much durable than lightweight. The lightweight can easily be sat on or can quickly be snapped. Be extremely careful when handling headphones, if they not in your head, keep them in their protective cases.
When it comes to choosing the best headphones, earbuds or earphones, you get what you pay for. Ensure you follow the above guideline, you will never go wrong.